Hello everyone. We had our executive/officers’ meeting yesterday. And let me say we’ve got lots on our plate … very exciting and good stuff … but lots of it.
We are working really, really hard to plan three workshops this year. Our three main challenges are:
- finding affordable venues for these workshops … not as easy as it sounds … believe me!
- keeping the workshops as affordable as possible so we can pass the savings on to you, our members
- making the most of our limited resources to make the three workshops a reality
As we are in the early planning stages, we thought it best to focus our efforts on the workshops for now. Unfortunately, this means postponing a social event in February to a later time.
But we do have one or two things to offer you … an invite to our executive/officer’s meeting! They are held on the last Tuesday of each month. (No meetings will be held in July, August or December).
Secondly, we will be participating in 2012 Word on the Street (WOTS) in September! More details will be posted as we come closer to the date.
Lastly, going back to our main challenges … we’d like your help in collecting venues for book arts workshop. PLEASE comment below with:
- any venue recommendations
- if you would like to help out
Thank you very much in advance!