Rasmussen Bindery is seeking a detail oriented candidate with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in bookbinding, including an internship and a high school education.
Pay and holidays are commensurate with experience.
This is a permanent 3 days per week position that may lead to fulltime. On occasion, overtime may be required; including weekends. Work hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
An ideal candidate is able to:
- bind a soft or hard case book from start to finish in bookbinder cloth and leather
- execute binding techniques i.e. signature sewing, drill & sew, European fan gluing
- operate binding machines i.e. semi-automated and manual fan glue machines, automated and manual board & paper cutters, Pot Devin, turning in machine, paper drill, paper folder, hot foil stampers
- write legibly in English
- follow oral and written instructions in English
- read measurements on measuring devices
- converse with clients about book repair
- research materials and techniques
- stack at least 15 lbs (pallets of books) on a repetitive basis
- lift 40 lbs occasionally
- stand and walk 100% of the shift on concrete floor with fatigue mats
- maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
Rasmussen Bindery is a successful, small, hand bookbinding company in North Vancouver that prides itself on a very high standard of work and customer service. Rasmussen Bindery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please email or mail your cover letter and resume to Paulette Thomson, Owner, Rasmussen Bindery, 53 Bewicke Avenue, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 3B6. No phone calls, please.