Ah! The last days of summer. If you are planning stay-cations and are looking for opportunities to broaden your creativity, here are several bookbinding/book arts workshops being offered locally.
If you are looking ahead to the Fall for workshops, please read on.
- Sun, Aug 7, 12:30-4:30pm, Clamshell Box at Gilligan Girls’ (Vancouver), $85
- Mon-Fri, Aug 8-13, 9-4pm, Creating Stunning Artist Books (5-day workshop) at Nancy Crawford (Langley), $656.25
- Sun, Aug 14, 10-4:30pm, Recycled Papermaking at Emily Carr (Vancouver), $130
- Tue&Thu, Aug 16-25, 6-9pm, Letterpress at Malaspina Printmaker (Vancouver), $264
- Sat, Aug 20, 2-5pm, Print Matters-Open Studio at Anvil Centre, (New Westminster), FREE
- Sat, Aug 27, 2-5pm, Print Matters-Open Studio at Anvil Centre (New Westminster), FREE
- Sun, Sep 11, 12:30-4:30pm, Leather Book in Longstitch at Gilligan Girls, Vancouver, $95
- Sats, Sep 17-Oct 15, 10-4pm, Printmaking Techniques at Emily Carr , Vancouver, $260
- Sat, Sep 17, 10-1pm, Monoprint I at Anvil Centre, New Westminster, $25
- Sat, Sep 17, 2-5pm, Monoprint II at Anvil Centre, New Westminster, $25
- Sun, Sep 18, 11-1pm, Caterpillar Stitch Bookbinding Workshop at Opus Art Supplies, Downtown Vancouver, $15
- Sat, Sep 24, 10-1pm, Linocut I at Anvil Centre, New Westminster, $25
- Sat, Sep 24, 11-1pm, Tacket Bookbinding Workshop at Opus Art Supplies, Granville Island, Vancouver, $15
- Sat, Sep 24, 2-5pm, Linocut II at Anvil Centre, New Westminster, $25
On Sun, Sep 25, 11-4pm, please stop by at Word Vancouver held in the Vancouver Public Library’s Central Branch in Downtown Vancouver. We will be on the main level across from Blenz. This is a free, public event where we introduce the public to book arts through demonstrations and displays!