New Leaf Editions is seeking an individual for 4 days per week who wants to deepen their printmaking skills and enjoys office coordination – a combination of skill sets every artist needs to hone at some point.
Two days a week the primary focus of job will be to reorganize the electronic files. The other two days a week is all about printmaking. New Leaf Editions’ master printer, Peter Braune, welcomes the opportunity to help expand printmaking skills – whether around etching, relief printing, screen-printing, or any of the other print media used at New Leaf Editions.
Excerpt from Job Posting at Craft Council of BC
It’s Summer! But the number of book arts workshops isn’t waning. A happy surprise! In addition to Vancouver, there are workshops in New West and Langley.
Don’t forget to come and find us at our CBBAG Book Arts Fair on Sat, Jul 16, 10-1pm, Vancouver Public Library, Central Branch (Downtown), FREE
- Sat, Jul 10, 10-4:30pm, Watercolour Monotype Prints at Emily Carr (Vancouver), $130
- Sat, Jul 16, 10-1pm, Monoprint at Anvil Centre (New Westminster), $20.50
- Suns, Jul 17, 24 & Aug 7, 14, 10-5pm, Letterpress I at Emily Carr (Vancouver), $395
- Sat, Jul 23, 1-5pm, Medieval Leather Bound Tome at Lonsdale Leather (Vancouver), $85
- Sat, July 30, 2-4pm, Scrolls with Brigette Potter-mael at UBC’s Beaty Biodiversity Museum, FREE with admission or museum membership
- Sun, Aug 7, 12:30-4:30pm, Clamshell Box at Gilligan Girls’ (Vancouver), $85
- Mon-Fri, Aug 8-13, 9-4pm, Creating Stunning Artist Books (5-day workshop) at Nancy Crawford (Langley), $656.25
- Sun, Aug 14, 10-4:30pm, Recycled Papermaking at Emily Carr (Vancouver), $130
- Tue&Thu, Aug 16-25, 6-9pm, Letterpress at Malaspina Printmaker (Vancouver), $264
- Sat, Aug 20, 2-5pm, Print Matters-Open Studio at Anvil Centre, (New Westminster), FREE
- Sat, Aug 27, 2-5pm, Print Matters-Open Studio at Anvil Centre (New Westminster), FREE
Students will learn to make a hardcover book in a four hour workshop with Kathy Nash.
The workshop will held in the Olympic Village area, Vancouver.
$60 CBBAG members, $75 nonmembers. $10 materials fee to the instructor. 10 students max.
To register, please send us an email. Your cheque will reserve a spot in class.