Winter is coming … still coming …. Hopefully spring is just around the corner!
As springtime approaches, there are more book arts workshops popping up! Please visit our Workshop Calendar for upcoming workshops.
Included our Workshop Calendar are CBBAG workshops in 2017, we have scheduled three!
- Sat, Mar 4, 10-4pm, Calligraphers / Sewing Box Making with Suzan Lee
- Sat, Mar 25, 10-4pm, Making a Star Book with Suzanne Cannon
- Sat, Sep/Oct, Tacket Bookbinding with Suzan Lee (stay tuned for more details)
Happy Book Arts!
IRISbook is a family run business in Burnaby looking to fill full time positions in their bindery. Prior experience is not necessary as they are willing to train the right people.
Job descriptions and how to apply details are found here. No drop ins or phone calls, please. Only prospective applicants will be contacted.
So many snow days this winter! If you’re getting antsy and are eager to further develop your skills and interests in book arts, please visit our Workshop Calendar. January and February 2017 workshops have been updated.
We are working hard on our own CBBAG workshops for Spring 2017. We currently planning two workshops: Starbooks and Box making. Stay tuned for details!
It’s beginning to look a lot like the holiday season! Brrrr! The weather sure makes hibernation more appealing.
Good news! The January 2017 workshops have been updated. Please see our Workshop Calendar.
This calendar is updated on an ongoing basis, so be sure to check regularly for new workshops!
Happy Halloween! As the weather becomes soggier, I hope your spirits are rising with the workshops you have taken and those you about to take!
- Tues, Nov 1-22, 6:30-9:30pm, Image Transfer Techniques with Jacqueline Robins at Emily Carr, $395
- Thu-Sat, Nov 3-5, 10-4pm, Bookbinding: The Artist’s Book at Maiwa, $295
- Fris, Nov 4-25, 1:30-4:30pm, Bookbinding 101 at Burnaby Art Gallery, $105
- Sat, Nov 5, 10-4pm, Hardcover Binding with Suzan Lee by CBBAG, $149/$169
- Mons, Nov 7-28, 6-9pm, Etching at Malaspina, $264
- Tues&Thurs, Nov 15-24, 6-9pm, Letterpress at Malaspina, $264
- Sat&Sun, Nov 19-20, 9:30-4pm, Design Process with William Morris by Westcoast Calligraphy Society, $135/$150
- Sat, Nov 19, 2-5pm, Intro to Letterpress by WePress, $40 and Sliding Scale
- Sun, Nov 27, 10-4pm, Screen Printing Cut Stencils at Emily Carr, $130
- Sat, Dec 3, 10-1pm, Linocut I at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sat. Dec 3. 2-5pm, Linocut II at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sat, Dec 3, 2-5pm, Print Matters at Anvil Centre, $20
- Sun, Dec 4, 10-3pm, Introductory Workshop on Bookbinding with Leather with Adele Shaak by Alcuin Society, $70/$80
- Sat, Dec 10, 10-1pm, Monoprint I at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sat, Dec 10, 2-5pm, Monoprint II at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sun, Dec 11, 1-4pm, Japanese Bookbinding with Suzan Lee at Britannia Community Centre, $10
- Sat, Dec 17, 10-1pm, Linocut I at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sat, Dec 17, 2-5pm, Print Matters-Open Studio at Anvil Centre, $20