So many snow days this winter! If you’re getting antsy and are eager to further develop your skills and interests in book arts, please visit our Workshop Calendar. January and February 2017 workshops have been updated.
We are working hard on our own CBBAG workshops for Spring 2017. We currently planning two workshops: Starbooks and Box making. Stay tuned for details!
It’s beginning to look a lot like the holiday season! Brrrr! The weather sure makes hibernation more appealing.
Good news! The January 2017 workshops have been updated. Please see our Workshop Calendar.
This calendar is updated on an ongoing basis, so be sure to check regularly for new workshops!
Happy Halloween! As the weather becomes soggier, I hope your spirits are rising with the workshops you have taken and those you about to take!
- Tues, Nov 1-22, 6:30-9:30pm, Image Transfer Techniques with Jacqueline Robins at Emily Carr, $395
- Thu-Sat, Nov 3-5, 10-4pm, Bookbinding: The Artist’s Book at Maiwa, $295
- Fris, Nov 4-25, 1:30-4:30pm, Bookbinding 101 at Burnaby Art Gallery, $105
- Sat, Nov 5, 10-4pm, Hardcover Binding with Suzan Lee by CBBAG, $149/$169
- Mons, Nov 7-28, 6-9pm, Etching at Malaspina, $264
- Tues&Thurs, Nov 15-24, 6-9pm, Letterpress at Malaspina, $264
- Sat&Sun, Nov 19-20, 9:30-4pm, Design Process with William Morris by Westcoast Calligraphy Society, $135/$150
- Sat, Nov 19, 2-5pm, Intro to Letterpress by WePress, $40 and Sliding Scale
- Sun, Nov 27, 10-4pm, Screen Printing Cut Stencils at Emily Carr, $130
- Sat, Dec 3, 10-1pm, Linocut I at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sat. Dec 3. 2-5pm, Linocut II at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sat, Dec 3, 2-5pm, Print Matters at Anvil Centre, $20
- Sun, Dec 4, 10-3pm, Introductory Workshop on Bookbinding with Leather with Adele Shaak by Alcuin Society, $70/$80
- Sat, Dec 10, 10-1pm, Monoprint I at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sat, Dec 10, 2-5pm, Monoprint II at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sun, Dec 11, 1-4pm, Japanese Bookbinding with Suzan Lee at Britannia Community Centre, $10
- Sat, Dec 17, 10-1pm, Linocut I at Anvil Centre, $25
- Sat, Dec 17, 2-5pm, Print Matters-Open Studio at Anvil Centre, $20
New Leaf Editions is seeking an individual for 4 days per week who wants to deepen their printmaking skills and enjoys office coordination – a combination of skill sets every artist needs to hone at some point.
Two days a week the primary focus of job will be to reorganize the electronic files. The other two days a week is all about printmaking. New Leaf Editions’ master printer, Peter Braune, welcomes the opportunity to help expand printmaking skills – whether around etching, relief printing, screen-printing, or any of the other print media used at New Leaf Editions.
Full job description (in PDF).
Excerpt from Job Posting at Craft Council of BC
Currently on exhibit at the Craft Council of BC is the work of Penny Parry. Her presentation at the Artist’s Talk has been recorded (video). Her exhibit entitled Penny Parry : to have & to hold – the physical book…more than a quaint tradition continues until Thursday, November 17, 2016.
Craft Council of BC, 1386 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
Hours: Daily 10:30am-5:30pm
More information is available.